Thursday, December 13, 2007

progress and fixes to be made

Last night, as I was packing up my supplies to go home, my painting took a dive off the support I use to take it from place to place and created a scar on the face of the painting. I was able to mostly repair it last night after I got home, which is why I didn't post a picture last night. Current condition is noted below ...



I am going to work on this guy tonight, so if all stars align properly and the keepers of karma give me a break, I will post another shot of the painting tonight. There has been some progress made here, and there are some repairs that still need to be made, but I think I will be able to make more progress tonight. I think I may be able to work on the reflection of the quay in the harbor. I also need to work on the boat - the supestructure needs better definition and the hull needs to be shaped better, especially along the waterline.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Love Junkee said...

Very nice painting, I hope you're able to restore it completely.

I really wanted to come and thank you for your profound words on my blog. I apologise it's taken me this long, I'm currently in school and time has been scarce.

I've enjoyed reading your blog, and will be back. I want to see the progress of your repair of the painting.