Wednesday, December 5, 2007

next to last class ...

Class tonight was, as always, great! Very informative. And I feel I've made some real progress on my painting. The boat is taking shape and the water in the harbor has begun to acquire the reflections that will lend the realism that the painting requires. The water in the bay has also taken new coloring and texturing that make it look more 'real' than it did before. See below.



I have a substantial amount of work to do, still. The hills and clouds and sky above and beyond the hills all require work, there are finishing touches to apply to the road and the water in the harbor needs the reflection of the quay. But I'm a lot closer now - I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. I would really like to be able to finish this painting at the next class. In order to do that, however, I am going to have to force myself to find time to paint between now and next Wednesday. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

I am also beginning to see this for what it is - a very amateurish depiction of the scene. But then again, that's just what I am - an amateur - and this is my first painting. A year from now, were I to paint this scene again, it would certainly look much different than it will when it's done. But, that said, I am satisifed with this one (so far) - knowing that I have done the best that I know how to do.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Further updates as they become possible.

No comments: