Tuesday, January 15, 2008

back on the right track ...

Okay. The clouds have been stripped off and redone. The mountain has been redone -and will acquire more detail as the paint dries to the touch. See below ...



I thought I would have to re-seal the canvas, but it wasn't necessary. I was able to remove the textures in the painted surface that were bothering me and so I was able to get further than I thought. It won't be necessary to publish a REALLY ugly pic of the painting. More tomorrow.

5 comments:

Marita said...

Good progress Lou.

Crimzen Creative said...

Much better! I like how the clouds, like the rest of the painting, are darker to the left, and lighter to the right - gives more of a realistic feel. Hope you are happy with this direction!

Anonymous said...

Back on track, yes indeed :)!

Now, if you get the clouds around that mountain top like on that pic from the 9th?
;)

Momisodes said...

Ahh...better :) It definitely has more of a realistic feel. Glad you didn't have to reseal the canvas....lookin good!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Marita and Michelle. I am happy with this direction.

Nicole: I am going to re-establish the clouds around the limb of the mountain as soon as the paint will let me - it has to dry so it doesn't mix.

Sandy: Thank you, Sandy. I should be able to make more progress now.