Saturday, January 5, 2008

Closer, but still no cigar ...

Well, there's been a number of changes to the piece. The first cut at the reflection of the quay in the water has been made, and the color of the hull has been altered to reflect the actual color in the photograph (or at least, we're bending in that direction). See below ...



There is so much left to do. The Hull still needs work, the tone of the quay reflection will probably need to change, the road hasn't even begun to see the changes that are to come and the cloud bank is going to change. I've decided to pull the clouds down behind the mountain and, perhaps, create an effect where the clouds are just beginning to creep around the sides of the mountain. Other than that, things are going along just fine .... I really don't want to be one of those people that doesn't know when to quit, but I have something I'm shooting for and I'm not there yet. As always, comments are welcome.

4 comments:

Momisodes said...

Hey! Thanks for the update...It does look quite different. There's a whole lot more depth to it now. I love the reflections. You did a great job with the rocks and the sand beach. I look forward to the foliage, but it really is coming along! Lookin' good :)

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful!
I love the colours and angles!

Anonymous said...

Grin, I like that Feedjit toy, always makes me happy to see it,... :D

Anonymous said...

Good post.