Wednesday, January 9, 2008

closer, closer ....

Okay, first let me say that I am not completely happy with this particular change. What is does, though, is establish a direction. The only change here is in the clouds, but it is a big change nonetheless. No - for certain- I am not done messin' with the clouds yet. See Below ....



The clouds on the far left need to be at the same level as the main body of cloud, central to the piece. The cloud body above the low line of whitish clouds needs more definition and a color change to a greyer blue-white.

But I have established the direction that that portion of the painting is going to take. I like this direction better - I'm just not in love with the execution, so far.

6 comments:

Crimzen Creative said...

I like the formation of the clouds and would be happy if they were in my painting (I should post one of my paintings with clouds so you can get a good laugh!).

Anonymous said...

I like the new clouds. the level and the hugging of the mountain!

Unknown said...

Lady L. : I would LOVE for you to post one of your paintings. I'm not sure about the laughing part though - I don't think that's anything I wold do.

Nicole: Thank you. I changed it yet again, last night. I came close to ruining the piece, though, screwing around with the clouds. I will do some more work tonight and post another update - I hope you still like it when you see it.

Crimzen Creative said...

I have to post about Bermuda Shorts today, but I will post some of my paintings tomorrow or Sat (I'll let you know when they are up). Maybe you can give me some advice and let me know if I should get back into it!

Unknown said...

Jeez, I have NO idea why anyone would ever ask ME for advice - but I'm flattered that you would consider doing so.

And in that case, I'd be happy to look at your paintings.

Any opinions offered will be strictly my own - use them at your own risk.

Momisodes said...

Wow..such a small change, but I noticed it immediately. I love the cloud wisps hugging the mountain :)