Monday, November 12, 2007

Maybe later .....

I did some work on the still life this evening ... long pause ... I think it may be a while before I post updates of that particular picture. It's changed a little. Actually, it's changed a LOT. I have no idea where this thing is going - but I'll post something later, when I'm a little surer of our ultimate destination.

Class this week will see a resumption of work on the original artwork undertaken when we started class. Now I'm scared. No, seriously, I think it's fortunate that I got no further than I did on that painting. If I had to duplicate colors mixed up in a previous session, in order to continue painting on that 'work in progress', I'd be in trouble. One of the many things I have to learn about - mixing colors. Now I know why artists are said to have a 'palette' of colors they work from - because that's the set of colors they can duplicate 'on demand'. Now YOU know why my still life is different than it started out to be. And now you know why there aren't going to be any still life updates right away. Maybe later ...

No comments: